Sunday, May 31, 2009

IML -IT'S LIKE DISNEYLAND FOR THE FETISH COMMUNITY


sidebar: I'll be breaking the IML weekend in Chicago into several posts. Far to much information and observations to post in one entry.

I was not scheduled to go to IML (International Mr. Leather) this year but the week before our last family weekend I received an e-mail from Tony out of the blue asking if I could arrange the time off. He said he was looking into the logistics of bringing me along for a few reasons, but mainly he felt my presence would keep him grounded during a weekend jammed with promotional events for Titan, teaching at ShibariCon, The Grabby's, and various appearances at numerous play parties.
I automatically cleared my schedule just in case although nothing had been confirmed. To be honest I had secretly been wishing I would get to go because Titan was planning on using IML as a launch pad for the new Rough Line and I really wanted to be there for it. Over Family weekend I still hadn't received any news so I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. It wasn't until Derek's last night in Seattle before flying back to Chicago over drinks at the watering hole that Tony finally confirmed that I was going. Even more exciting was the news that Derek was going to surprise the pup and bring him along as well. IML was officially going to be our first family vacation. In a Queer/Poly/BDsm family this is equivalent to going to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment